In this new COVID-19 era, we can understand how patients might be nervous to visit our office. However, we want to assure you that we are taking all available precautions to keep you safe and ensure that your visit is as stress-free as possible.
In addition to complying with the rigorous cleaning OSHA already expects of a dental facility, here are a few of the extra steps we are taking to keep our office as sterile as possible for your next visit.
- All rooms, operatories and dental chairs are thoroughly cleaned between each patient. This may result in a slightly longer wait time before an assistant can bring you back to your chair for your appointment. We appreciate your patience with us as we take extra steps to prepare your room for your arrival.
- In order to limit exposure to other patients and our front desk staff, we ask that you maintain proper social distancing guidelines of 6′ while waiting in our lobby. If you do not feel comfortable waiting in our lobby, you are welcome to check-in with the front desk for your appointment and choose to wait outside or in your vehicle until we are ready for you.
- CDC-recommended face coverings are required while waiting in the lobby, using facilities such as the restroom or traveling throughout the office. Once you arrive at your dental chair, you may then of course remove your mask for your appointment. If you do not have a face covering or are medically unable to wear one, we respectfully ask that you call to check-in at the front desk for your appointment, and remain in your vehicle until we are ready to take you straight back to your operating chair.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will ask you to fill out a waiver for COVID-related symptoms and take your temperature using a no-touch temporal thermometer. We do this before your appointment in accordance with CDC recommendations, and to keep our dental assistants, hygienists and doctors as safe as possible. This information is confidential and will not be shared.
- Please be aware that due to continued PPE shortages and social distancing guidelines, we do have to be cautious with the number of patients we see in a day. We thank you for your patience as we rebuild our schedules.
We are so happy to be back to work on your teeth and doing it as safely as possible! With our increased attention to infection control, dentistry is now safer than ever. We have implemented many new safety features to keep our office as sterile as possible, including UV-C filtration, HEPA filters, and more.
If you have questions regarding our COVID-19 procedures, please don’t hesitate to email us or give us a call. We can’t wait to see you back in our office!